Monday, 2 February 2009

Cocoon coat



I’m pleased, as I’ve just finished this coat for a friend. It is from hand dyed fabric that another friend bought back from Burkina Faso a couple of years ago. The pattern is a Carol Lane-Saber design http://www.saberdesigns.cc/patterns.html It is the Cocoon coat. I’ve also made the Mompe pants. They are very comfortable but the sizing is very large and the crotch is cut low so had to make a few alterations to them.



Je suis bien content car j’ai fini cet manteau pour une copine. Le tissu est teinté main et vient de Burkina Fasse. Une autre copine l’a ramené il y a quelques années. Le modèle est par Carol Lane-Saber http://www.saberdesigns.cc/patterns.html. C’est le Cocoon. J’ai aussi fait les pantalons Mompe Pants. Ils sont très confortables mais tailler large avec la fourche assez base donc j’ai fait les petites altérations.

I also finished my January Challenge piece for the British Quilt List (BQL) – a yahoo group. Of course I did it at the last minute. Will try to get February’s done earlier. I now have time to get back to finishing my winter-coat, as I really want to be able to wear it before it starts to warm up again



En plus, j’ai fini ma pièce de janvier pour le challenge sur British Quilt List (BQL), un groupe sur yahoo. Bien sur, j’ai tout laisser jusqu’au dernier moment. Bon, maintenant, j’ai le temps de finir mon manteau d’hiver. Je le vieux avant que le printemps arrive.

2 comments:

katyquilts said...

I LOVE your January challege piece! I enjoy reading your blog. We lived in Chatou, France from 1997-99. I miss it very much! Especially the the big brocante in Chatou each spring and fall :).

josy26 said...

Tres joli ton manteau Margo !! bises