Tuesday, 11 March 2008

Dyed bamboo jersey knit/Tissu en bambou teinte à la main




Here is the sample of bamboo jersey knit I dyed the other day. I treated it just like cotton. I really like how it dyed up. I will dye up the rest and make a tunic for summer.

Voici un tissu en bambou que j’ai teinté. Je le fais comme du cotton. J’aime bien et je vais teinter le reste pour me faire un tunique pour l’été.

Here are a couple of others bits I’ve dyed. I really like the green one. It reminds me of looking up into the canopy of a forest and seeing the light filtering through.

Et encore les tissus que j’avais teintés. Ce lui en verte me rappel le lumière filtrer dans une forêt.



Here is one that I dyed and then overprinted.

Ceci j’ai teinté et après fais des tampons.


Here are some photos of the process.

Les photos de la procédure.

The fabric before I started

Le tissu du départ.

The first lot of stamping. I used polystyrene ceiling tiles and fabric inks.

Le premier couche. J’ai utilise les carré pour plafond en polystyrène et les encres pour tissu.

Same thing for the second layer.

Le même chose pour le deuxième couche.

Next I stamped it with a couple of stamps I made myself.

Après, j’ai tamponné avec les tampons que j’ai fait moi-même.


Here is the fabric after the first homemade stamp. I used fabric paint here

Le tissu après le premier tampon fait maison. J’ai utilisé les peintures textiles

And the finished fabric. Not sure how much I like it but it is definitely better than before.

Et le tissu fini. Je ne suis pas sure si je l’aime ou non mais de toute façon il est mieux qu’avant.


4 comments:

ingedk said...

wonderful work
Inge from Denmark

http://wwww.123hjemmeside.dk/ingesol

Thelma said...

Love the bamboo jersey knit,,beautiful handdye! Enjoyed looking at your stamped fabric too!

Bunny said...

Very interesting blog, great work with your hand dyed fabrics. Love the photos and especially the photo of the apricot blossom, I had never seen that before.

norma said...

You're right, the colors in the bamboo jersey are gorgeous!