Wednesday, 26 March 2008

bags and bowls/ les sacs et les bols



Over the last few days I have been making friends with my new sewing machine – a Husquavana Sapphire 850. This is the first new machine I’ve had in 25 years so quite a learning curve after my mechanical Bernina.

Depuis quel que jours j’ai fait ami avec ma nouveau machine à coudre – une Husquavan Sapphire 850. C’est le premier machine neuf depuis 25 ans. Quel changement de mon ancien Bernina mécanique.

I made the blue bag as part of the bag challenge on BQL (British Quilting List). My stitch and flip for the stripes weren’t very straight but you can’t really see that.

Le sac bleu fait partie des sacs que je fais chaque mois pour le challenge sur BQL (British Quilting List) Mes bandes ne sont pas très droites mais ça ne voir pas beaucoup.

I have also made a bowl out of a piece of complex cloth I’ve made. I started out with some more of the hand dyed fabric I did but don’t really like.

EN plus j’ai fait un bol avec du “complex cloth” que j’ai créa. J’ai commence avec un mourceaux de tissu teinte à la main que ne me plaire pas trop.

I added a layer of MistyFuseä.

J’ai ajouté une couche de MistyFuseä. (Je l’aurai dans ma boutique en line que je lance courent avril)


This is what it looks like before ironed in place.


Next I took some artificial leaves, removed the plastic stems etc and scattered them on top of the MistyFuseä. I also added some scraps of chocolate wrappers I had saved from Christmas.

Après j’ai ajouté des feuilles artificielles, enlevant les tis en plastique avant, puis quel que morceaux de papiers de chocolat que j’ai gardé depuis Noël.



I thought some sparkly stuff was needed so added a bit of Angelina fibres as well. Ironed these in place – don’t forget to protect your iron!

Il y a besoin de “bling” ou les choses scintillent donc les fibres Angelina. N'oubliez pas de protiger votre fer à repasser!

Lastly I added a layer of black tulle, which was also ironed in place.

Et en fin, de tulle noir qu’était repasser sur le tout.

After making a quilt sandwich it is ready for some free motion work. I added a layer of iron-on facing and then a layer of batting that I spray basted in place with 505.

J’ai prépare un “sandwich” avant le faire du piquage libre par tout. J’ai mis d’entoilage thermocollant puis le molleton fixer en place avec la bombe 505.

My complex cloth is now ready to be used. I’ll add another posting in the next few days with details on how I created my bowl.

Maintenant mon “complex cloth” est prêt à être utiliser. Je mettrai une autre “poste” plus tard avec les photos de comment j’ai fabriqué les bol.

8 comments:

Thelma said...

Too cool Margo! That is so neat! Can't wait to see what's next.

pascale said...

I love looking at your blog, you are so busy. Bravo.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

My March bag didn't have the straightest stripes either :o) I like the blues you have used...very pretty.

Marilyn said...

Margo, I am coveting your iron. Is it only available in France?

The Idaho Beauty said...

I bought the same machine last June and have really grown to love it. Wasn't as much of a learning curve for me as for you since I had two other Vikings. Still, there were differences in changing settings that I did not find particularly intuitive. The owners manual stayed by my side for almost constant reference for quite awhile.

The last Viking a bought was a disappointment - only because I assumed it did all the things my previous one did, but would be better for free-motion quilting. It was a mid-range one and not its fault I didn't do my homework. The Sapphire does everything I thought it would and more. Enjoy getting to know it!

Marilyn said...

Thank you for the iron info. If I ever get to France or Italy maybe i'll buy one.

Ruthie Powers said...

Thanks for the great description of putting together your elements with Mistyfuse. The photos are excellent. It turned out beautiful. Cheers, Ruthie

NaLiMa KaPooR said...

I would like to tell you that you have given much knowledge about it.
also would recommend to choose residential
Apartments in Mystic Greens
for best deals,also recommends to invest in New Project Aranya Homes Noida
for best return on investment.this is my personnel opinion and experience.